What is Compounding?
Prescription compounding is the art and science of mixing FDA approved prescription drugs into a strength and dosage form that is unique for a patient.
Compounding allows a physician to tailor a prescription to each individual need of a patient. Compounded medicines are available in many dosage forms, such as creams, liquids, suppositories, sprays, ointments, lollipops, capsules, and animal treats.
A compounding prescription may help with:
- Taste of a medication for children or pets
- Mood, sexual or reproductive function
- Relive Menopause symptoms
- Pain management
- Thyroid balance
- Skin conditions, including wound care
- Hospice care of loved one